Thread: Door Schedule Issue- Rogue Door Tag

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Door Schedule Issue- Rogue Door Tag

I have created a door schedule that will take it's information from each overalll floor plan view files (A-FP-01 and A-FP-02 for first and second floor schedule, respectively). Each floor level is on a separate schedule. Everything is filling out correctly except for one door. It is an elevator equipment room door that has been tied into my vertical circulation construct, Core.dwg (which is a spanning construct). The door reads correctly on the second floor plan schedule, however, it is also showing up on the first floor plan schedule (and with a different number; the Elevator Equipment Room Door is D205A while the Atrium door, the one that shouldn't be there, is B104A). On top of all this, there is no B104A tag anywhere on the drawing. I know that these two listings are the same door because when I erased the door and tag all together both B104A and D205A disappeared from the schedule. The door faces an Atrium that has an area space spanning both floors (although it is only located in the first floor construct, 01-Partition). I placed the door tag on an enlarged floor plan view file and adjusted the tail so that it was located in the area space of the elevator equipment room and not the spanning Atrium.

Hopefully the long explanation hasn't confused anyone.

Why would the door be identified in both schedules and how do I fix this issue?

I have adjusted the area space height as well as proximity to the door and just get a space not found warning in the schedule.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door Schedule Issue- Rogue Door Tag

Check to see if any rooms from one floor is spanning into the next floor....
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

You mention having separate schedules, one for each floor. Are you using Project Navigator?

If so, are you setting up a separate view file for each schedule? If so, are you including the spanning construct in both view files? That could explain why that door is showing up in both schedules.

If not, are you manually creating separate files for each schedule? If so, are you including the spanning construct in both files? That could explain why that door is showing up in both schedules.

You may want to consider removing the spanning construct file from the file creating the first floor schedule, if there are no other doors that need to be included in the first floor door schedule in that core file. Otherwise, you may need to set up a layer or classification filter to exclude the unwanted door.

Login to Give a bone

I am creating schedules for each floor on a single sheet and then linking them back to the xrefs. I couldn't figure out how to reference multiple xrefs using this method (this is the more advanced scheduling method described in Paul Aubin's book).

I think that I need to remove the door, lower the ceiling height for the area space of the Atrium (to below the second floor level) and then reinsert the door.

I may try removing the core.dwg file from the first floor schedule. I was using the master floor plan for each floor as the reference file, just to keep from inserting multiple drawing files (keep it simple, I thought). Let me try either answer from above and I will post a result.

Thanks for the quick responses.
    Last edited by tra1133; 2012-12-04 at 02:41 PM.

Login to Give a bone

So I took the easy way out and moved the room and door from my core drawing file to the second floor drawing file. This corrected the issue i was having.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tra1133 View Post
    So I took the easy way out and moved the room and door from my core drawing file to the second floor drawing file. This corrected the issue i was having.
    That works, too.

If you want to schedule multiple files in one schedule, create a drawing and externally reference all of the files with the doors you want in your schedule. You can then either place your schedule in that file (be certain to indicate that you want to scan external references) or place the schedule in a sheet file and point to the file with all of the external references as the external file to schedule (scanning external references as well).