Thread: block multi-view

Login to Give a bone

Default block multi-view

Hello

Is there a way to retrieve data from a block to a block attributes with multi-view so all the data will be the property sets in autocad architecture

thank you for your help

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: block multi-view

Quote Originally Posted by acad2009 View Post
    Is there a way to retrieve data from a block to a block attributes with multi-view so all the data will be the property sets in autocad architecture
    Can you provide a little more detail on what you are trying to do? Do you already have attributed AutoCAD blocks, with values entered? Or, do you already have attributed AutoCAD blocks being used as the view block of an AutoCAD Architecture [ACA] Multi-View Block, with values entered? If so, you will not be able to directly extract that data into ACA properties in a Property Set.

If you are starting at the beginning, with no objects created or data entered, then you can create a Property Set Definition that applies to the object type(s) you are using and which contains properties for the data you want to enter (or derive from the objects). If you need to display this data near the object to which the Property Set is attached, you can create a Schedule Tag, which is a specially formatted Multi-View Block that can display the value(s) of properties when tag anchored to the object. Post back if you need more help with this.

Login to Give a bone

hello
    blocks with existing attributes are autocad 2007 I worked on I went on autocad mep seen so I used spaces and property sets and not lose all my data that is stored in the block attributes

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by acad2009 View Post
    hello
    blocks with existing attributes are autocad 2007 I worked on I went on autocad mep seen so I used spaces and property sets and not lose all my data that is stored in the block attributes
    There is not function in the program to directly take existing attribute values and copy the data to ACA or AMEP properties in a Property Set. That might be possible with third-party customization. You might also be able to save retyping everything by extracting the attribute values to an external text file, then copy/paste to the properties. For a one-time deal, that may be nearly as much work as retyping, but if you have many files to transform, it may be worthwhile.