Thread: Revit Structure 2013 Roof Problem. Serious problem with little help from Autodesk!

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit Structure 2013 Roof Problem. Serious problem with little help from Autodesk!

Just wanted to get the word out there. I recently modeled a SIPS roof over 5 WF beams. On my computer screen the beams showed through the roof correctly as I had set the roof transparency to 100%. However, when trying to plot whether it is to a plotter or a pdf file, the roof hid 3 of the WF beams. Beam properties were all the same. I sent pdf files out to our client and he immediately called back asking what happened to the roof beams! My work around was to turn the roof system off in plan and then the beams plotted correctly.

However, in my search for an answer why, I contacted Autodesk through every avenue I could find starting with opening a case with my subscription. After a few emails back and forth, the Autodesk rep simply said that Autodesk is aware of the problem and are working on correcting it for future releases. Then she just closed my case. Because of the dangerousness of this situation, I continued to pursue answers from Autodesk. I spoke with my case rep's manager and the corporate office who just referred me to their "chat live help" window. I explained the seriousness of this situation. The drawings I sent out were intended to go to a contractor where the roof beams could have not been placed in the roof. Not good. To sum up, Autodesk has informed me that they are aware of the problem and for now the workaround is to turn the roof off for plotting or to plot in raster (which does not provide good enough quality prints for our office). Our office feels it is our professional obligation to report this issue to the engineering societies and associations.

Please be aware everyone and if you have this happen, please report it to Autodesk! Thank you.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Structure 2013 Roof Problem. Serious problem with little help from Autodesk!

A question, are your plans Graphic Discipline under Properties set to Structural? We had a similar issue and found that setting the Discipline to Sturctural solved the problem.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Structure 2013 Roof Problem. Serious problem with little help from Autodesk!

It does it with both Structure or Architecture or Coordinated.

Login to Give a bone

Yes we've been having the same issue on all three: Revit Structure 2012 (to a lesser extent), Revit 2013 and Revit Structure 2013 at two different companies, definitely a problem with transparency settings. Raster seems to work for now.