Thread: Revit Plug-In for Maximo or Archibus?

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit Plug-In for Maximo or Archibus?

I'd like to hear from anyone who has used either of the Revit plug-ins, the one available from Archibus or the one on the Autodesk Labs site for IBM Maximo.

We do not have Maximo implemented yet, but, it will be installed in the near future. I know with the technology preview on the labs, we may only have it until August, and there's no guarantee Autodesk or IBM will continue with the plug-in at this time. But, we will have Maximo installed before we have Archibus up and running, so I would still like to explore the user-friendliness and ease of information exchange.

Now, the Archibus plug-in says it's for Revit Architecture. Does anyone know if this means that it will not install on our Revit MEP? or if it will install, but, not port information for the mechanical systems?
    This document specifically mentions Revit MEP, but, I'm put off by the fact that most everything else I've seen does not.

I'd appreciate any input, thanks.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Plug-In for Maximo or Archibus?

Okay, as usual, I'll try not to be overwhelmed by the massive volume of responses.

A follow-up question (though I'd still love to hear from anyone who has used the above), has anyone moved information into either Maximo or Archibus from dRofus?

We're in the early stages of a massive campus redevelopment plan, and the design team want to make sure they can best prepare us to get information from the documents they use. They're already making heavy use of dRofus across multiple companies on the team for holding data and design specs.
    We've established certain data formats already (such as space number and equipment number) that will help us out immensely as a necessary starting point, but, we'd like to be able to easily port over any information that might prove useful further down the line, and speaking to those that have done it and can warn us of any little stumbling blocks would help out a lot.

Thanks for reading. Cheers.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost