Thread: "This drawing was created with a newer version of civil 3d..." Nag Screen

Login to Give a bone

Default "This drawing was created with a newer version of civil 3d..." Nag Screen

I have a set of drawings from a sub that my office will be taking over for publishing and future changes. We are on 2011, they are on 2012. Every one of their drawings opens with the nag screen stating "This drawing was created with a newer version of civil 3d...". I know this, and I don't care. I just need to perform batch operations (publishing, scripts, etc) to see the dwgs through the submittal process.

How do I make the nag screen go away? Running a publish and then having to tap the "OK" button on the nag dialog 110 times is really really really really (and so on) annoying.

I have tried opening their dwgs with ALL variables of DEMANDLOAD. No dice...
    I have tried to delete all AECC objects from their files... there are none. The sub is a bit of a "vanilla" CAD user.
    I have batch converted all of their files. Hah! Their viewports go berserk and I lose their presentation *completely*. I guess that could be another issue altogether.
    I have tried to WBLOCK their dwgs... same result as batch convert.

All I want to do is NOT see the nag screen.

Maybe I need one of these:
    drinking bird.jpg

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "This drawing was created with a newer version of civil 3d..." Nag Screen

Hmm, I was hoping the EXPERT sys var would work for this, but, for whatever reason, that isn't one of the things it will control.

From AutoCAD online help: EXPERT

0 - Issues all prompts normally.
    1 - Suppresses “About to regen, proceed?” and “Really want to turn the current layer off?” (-LAYER)
    2 - Suppresses the preceding prompts and “Block already defined. Redefine it?” (-BLOCK) and “A drawing with this name already exists. Overwrite it?” (SAVE or WBLOCK).
    3 - Suppresses the preceding prompts and those issued by the LINETYPE Command prompt (-LINETYPE) if you try to load a linetype that's already loaded or create a new linetype in a file that already defines that linetype.
    4 - Suppresses the preceding prompts and those issued by UCS Save and VPORTS Save if the name you supply already exists.
    5 - Suppresses the prompt, “That name is already in Use, redefine it?” issued by the -DIMSTYLE Save option when you supply the name of an existing dimension style.
    Suppresses the same prompt issued by the -SCALELISTEDIT Add option.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "This drawing was created with a newer version of civil 3d..." Nag Screen

the official autodesk solution is to upgrade. You can always upgrade to 2013, and push the grief onto the sub

Login to Give a bone

If the corporate committee that tests, approves and configures our installs would just reach a consensus and launch the damn thing I wouldn't be here.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

If you don't mind loosing any smart-objects you might try using the ExportToAutoCAD command. I'd go with running a script through all the drawings and making such "exported" versions for publishing purposes.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by scott.jeffers View Post
    Every one of their drawings opens with the nag screen stating "This drawing was created with a newer version of civil 3d...". I know this, and I don't care......How do I make the nag screen go away?
    Try this. I think this will do it.

Command: AECFILEOPENMESSAGE
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

irneb: For some weird reason, export screws up the viewports. They come back with a different scale and ucs view.
    rkmcswain: I had high hopes for that variable, but no dice. I think it's because it's a Civ3D objects warning; not a file version warning.

So far, cadtag has the more correcter answer... Gotta love engineered obsolescence.

My only saving grace is that one of our corporate CAD guys is on my second floor and is currently testing 2013, so he can print my stuff for me.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

If it's only a situation of you needing to print the files. Then you can always use TrueView.