Thread: AutoCAD Electrical Source Code?

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD Electrical Source Code?

I read somewhere that the AutoCAD Electrical functionality that is above and beyond AutoCAD was created using the .NET API, is this true?

I have also read somewhere that the AutoLISP source code for the spreadsheet to PLC I/O utility is included with the Electrical install so you can customize it totally for your needs, and it pointed to where this lisp file was located.

There are some functions and features of AutoCAD Electrical that lay out things differently than we would like and instead of writing or re-writing the same tool is there more source code available other than the Spreadsheet to PLC I/O utility? Is there only AutoLISP code or is there .NET code as well?

I highly doubt there would be any amount of useful source code out there since that is what makes Electrical what it is, but it sure would be nice to have even more control over how the tools work than what can be done in the spreadsheets / setup.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD Electrical Source Code?

Quote Originally Posted by tonofsteel View Post
    I read somewhere that the AutoCAD Electrical functionality that is above and beyond AutoCAD was created using the .NET API, is this true?
    There should be an api that gets installed with the product. Whether the extensions were written in C++ or .Net, the api would be in .Net.
    I have also read somewhere that the AutoLISP source code for the spreadsheet to PLC I/O utility is included with the Electrical install so you can customize it totally for your needs, and it pointed to where this lisp file was located.
    I can't answer this, I don't have Electrical.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Autocad Electrical is developed in lisp, no api for dot net. However you can develop using dot net by calling the lisp files.

Remeber that autodesk purchased this software and really have not put any effort to put an api out there that is soley based on dot net.

Patrick Johnson
    http:\\www.cadenhancement.com

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I highly doubt there would be any amount of useful source code out there since that is what makes Electrical what it is, but it sure would be nice to have even more control over how the tools work than what can be done in the spreadsheets / setup.
    Modifications can be done to lisp program for customization.

The www.racklayout.com site has an application to create the spreadsheet file imported by the PLC I/O utility.