Thread: Revit and Process P&ID

Login to Give a bone

Question Revit and Process P&ID

I have been asked to explore the availability, functionality and practicality of Revit for use with generating Process P&ID projects for our firm. As an MEP gal, I have been trying to do a great deal of research online to see how other users have approached this topic and found not a lot of information. Has anyone successfully done process P&ID in Revit? The majority of the work is single line, conceptual diagramatic drawings...which as far as I can tell...can not easily be used for scheduling information (valve and equipment numbers, etc) It is difficult to relay that Revit can do some things very well and others not so much.

Any thoughts or input on this would be helpful!

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit and Process P&ID

Working on a very large Process project right now. We have many P&ID drawings. We've also been doing our CD's for the project. The CD's we've been doing in revit, but the P&ID drawings we've been doing in CAD. I believe that one of there was a FDA requirement that our P&ID drawings be done in CAD to some standard. I'm working on the structural side so I don't have any of those types of drawings. I believe one of the other reasons was our project team wasn't as skilled at revit as they are at CAD. The P&ID drawings were also on a different timeline track to start a early approval process. I believe that our Process Engineers have been using revit for their equipment schedules. I know our Electrical people are doing all of their panel and equipment schedules in CAD for this project.