Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Site Tools

Default Re: Site Tools

I'm not looking for site tools to do civil work. I'm looking to be able to have a driveway follow the slope of a site. I'm looking to be able to fill in the grade under a ramp or stairway so that I'm not living with filled regions everywhere. I'm looking for pads to go away and have walls and floors and rooms cut the site. I'm looking for a topo void tool so that I can do my underground ramp tunnel to my underground parking lot. I'm looking for "small topo" so I can do a green roof which doesn't extend down through my building. I'm looking for edges on my topo so that I can correctly step the grade down at a retaining wall and still have it meet back up again at the end of the wall. I'm looking for the option to have two pads next to eachother (or, OMG, overlapping). I'm looking for the option to regrade using lines as well as points. Speaking of points, I'd like to add them in section as well as plan... just like lines, pick a work plane and add points. And in an ideal world, I'd be looking to define maximum and minimum slopes so that as I dragged a topo point up and down the points nearby would adjust accordingly to provide a realistic slope (like soft selection in Max).

Civil tools? Don't need em. We're not talking about new features, we're talking about refined features.

100 Club

AY!!! Two thumbs up HERE!!

I could stop if I wanted to rmejia's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Site Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Baros View Post
    I'm not looking for site tools to do civil work. I'm looking to be able to have a driveway follow the slope of a site. I'm looking to be able to fill in the grade under a ramp or stairway so that I'm not living with filled regions everywhere. I'm looking for pads to go away and have walls and floors and rooms cut the site. I'm looking for a topo void tool so that I can do my underground ramp tunnel to my underground parking lot. I'm looking for "small topo" so I can do a green roof which doesn't extend down through my building. I'm looking for edges on my topo so that I can correctly step the grade down at a retaining wall and still have it meet back up again at the end of the wall. I'm looking for the option to have two pads next to eachother (or, OMG, overlapping). I'm looking for the option to regrade using lines as well as points. Speaking of points, I'd like to add them in section as well as plan... just like lines, pick a work plane and add points. And in an ideal world, I'd be looking to define maximum and minimum slopes so that as I dragged a topo point up and down the points nearby would adjust accordingly to provide a realistic slope (like soft selection in Max).

Civil tools? Don't need em. We're not talking about new features, we're talking about refined features.
    Exactly !!

I am not looking to do the civil engineers detailed grading calculations, nor would I ever want to, not my job! I just need the tools (all of the above) to get the architectural site part done proper. That's all.

All AUGI, all the time

Andre,
    Very well stated. Let's hope that someone at Autodesk is listening.

All AUGI, all the time BillyGrey's Avatar

I'm not looking for site tools to do civil work. I'm looking to be able to have a driveway follow the slope of a site.

(SNIP)

Agreed, very nicely stated Andre.

Indeed, I am so tired of the endless parade of movable excuses and shifting points of view on this subject, in total, year after year. Those takes continue to be transparent, temporary silencers, pointless, and make one question the veracity and motives of the responses.

Worse yet, the issue NEVER gets bottom lined.

At a minimum, in the adult world business minded sense, please someone offer something besides a shill game of random postulations and let us know if this issue is dead, or if it is being addressed.

In jr. high school my first girlfriend and I had more temerity than what has been afforded us regarding this subject. At 13 years of age, when it was over, we both faced it and moved on.

In other words, a disappointing "NO" is oft times much better than being endlessly in the "LURCH".

C'mon Adesk, quit treating us like children, and lets finish this discussion one way or another so we can adjust or hold our collective breath a little longer.

100 Club

I would only add that I need to put some dimensions from the ground sometimes

Right! dimensions too.

I could stop if I wanted to

And let Revit talk bidirectly to Max, not this stupid stuff that´s going on.
    Max 2008/Inventor 2008 has all the modelling power Revit needs, what is the problem?

This should be the best combo in the world for Architechture!

I heard at a conference yesterday, that new site tools have actually been designed, and have been so for a little while now, but Autodesk have held them back. Maybe there are a few more bugs to work out. It would seem they are coming .

I could stop if I wanted to

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Smith View Post
    I heard at a conference yesterday, that new site tools have actually been designed, and have been so for a little while now, but Autodesk have held them back. Maybe there are a few more bugs to work out. It would seem they are coming .
    I hope so! Let's just hope they'll be coming in Revit Architecture 2009. I hope I don't have to buy Revit Civil 2009 to get these tools!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast