Thread: Drawing Scale Default List Order

Login to Give a bone

Question Drawing Scale Default List Order

Hello,

I've got dynamic blocks for my detail windows that have attributes for detail name, number, scale...etc. In the scale attribute, I've inserted a field that pulls out the scale of a specific viewport. That way, if I ever have to resize my detail the scale automatically updates. It works great with standard scales like 1"=1'-0" and 1/4"=1'-0". My problem occurs when I use a scale like 3"=1'-0". The field then pulls in "1:4_XREF" because in the drawing scale list the XREF scales default to the top of the list, no matter whether or not you've got them shown. The workaround is to move the scale name I want up to the top of the list (since deleting the XREF scales only works until you open the drawing again and they reload), but that kind of defeats the purpose of having the scale automatically update.

So my question is this: is there some setting somewhere that will load the XREF scales below the open drawing's scales in the scale list?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Drawing Scale Default List Order

Short answer: No.

Either you need to modify the order as you've noted. Or (my preference): Load all used scales throughout the project into each and every DWG file so that none of those _XREF suffixed scales are generated. I.e. ensure each and every DWG contains the exact same list of scales (custom ones included). My "faster" way of doing this would be to modify the default scales (I think since 2012 this was possible through the Options dialog - might be earlier), then reset each DWG.

This is one of the issues still causing problems with anno scales. Even though the crashes don't happen that often due to 1000's of scales, it's still causing these troubles. The _XREF (or even those _1 _2 _3) is one of my pet gripes.