Thread: Saving 2013 to previous releases

Login to Give a bone

Default Saving 2013 to previous releases

Good afternoon. Can anyone explain how I save a drawing from Architecture 2013 to Architecture 2009 so the client doesn't have everything exploded and will be able to edit all the AEC content? I cannot figure this out. Client sent me a Architecture 2009 drawing and I did not create any new custom objects. I only edited their drawing with some revisions (moved wall, doors, etc.) I changed proxygraphics to (1) and got same message indicating earlier versions would not be able to edit drawing.When I saved the file to 2007 (2009 is not an option) it exploded everything and they cannot use it. How do I simply save a Architecture 2013 file so a previous version of Architecture can still view and edit the AEC content the same way I received the file from them? Thanks in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Saving 2013 to previous releases

As you've found out ACA (Autocad Architecture) is unable to save to previous file formats and keep the AEC content editable. If both of you need to work on the project you both need to be on the same file format at the very least (being on the same version would be even better since there are minor changes every year). The file format has been changing every three years since 2004. 2009 was the last release using the 2007 file format. 2010 began a new format as did 2013. Even though you didn't add any AEC content, merely opening the drawing updated all of the content. Saving the file updated the copy on disc.

John

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bczar13763292 View Post
    Good afternoon. Can anyone explain how I save a drawing from Architecture 2013 to Architecture 2009 so the client doesn't have everything exploded and will be able to edit all the AEC content? I cannot figure this out. Client sent me a Architecture 2009 drawing and I did not create any new custom objects. I only edited their drawing with some revisions (moved wall, doors, etc.) I changed proxygraphics to (1) and got same message indicating earlier versions would not be able to edit drawing.When I saved the file to 2007 (2009 is not an option) it exploded everything and they cannot use it. How do I simply save a Architecture 2013 file so a previous version of Architecture can still view and edit the AEC content the same way I received the file from them? Thanks in advance.
    My firm just came across this issue yesterday. I looked into it and one workaround I came up with is to export your drawing to ACAD version 200? that you need. Then send the file off to whomever. You may also want to go into your options and under the Open and Save tab set your File save Save as to the file version you need. This solved our issue for now. The vendor we are collaborating with on a project has 2007 but has not been able to open our drawings, we have set the Proxy Graphics to 1 as well as an additional precaution and saved to 2004. Now we'll find out if they can open the files with all these steps we have gone through. WARNING!! by exporting to ACAD all your xref's are now bound in your new file. You will have to do the same steps to your base files then reattach them to your drawing and delete the block.
    Good luck! I hope this helps you out.
    Anna

Login to Give a bone

That can work as long as you realize and are comfortable with all of the AEC content being exploded. If your vendor needs to edit the AEC objects and/or you need to have the file round trip in a format with usable AEC content you'll be out of luck. But if all you're using is basic Autocad entities or if your vendor just needs something for an underlay that will work.

John