Thread: Phase filter issue?

I could stop if I wanted to Griff's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Phase filter issue?

I've never seen this happen before and wonder if it is related to using worksets. This is our first project using worksets. We have the Arch model linked into an MEP model and the MEP model is linked into the Arch model. I just noticed this morning that while in the MEP model (new phase) if I create a new phase filter and set to:

New = Not Displayed
    Existing = By Category
    Demolished = By Category
    Temporary = Not Displayed

The New (walls & doors) are still displaying?!?!!
    Any thought as to why this is happening? I've checked the door and they are set correctly (new/exist).
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time CADastrophe's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Phase filter issue?

Have you check your Phase Mapping? Select the Architectual Link in any View and click Type Properties to find Phase Mapping.

Login to Give a bone

CADastrophe,
    Now that one threw me? I'd never even heard of Phase Mapping. I guess it's because we haven't linked models before. I looked at the Phase Mapping and I would assume this is what it should look like.
    phase mapping.JPG

Login to Give a bone

Your Phase Mapping is correct. I think this has to do with your 'custom' Phase Filter. The elements within the Link do not seem to obey the Phase Filter from the host Project if that Filter does not also exist within the linked Project itself. And even then, it obeys the settings of its own Phase Filter rather than the settings of the host Project's Phase Filter. Do all of the default Phase Filter seem to function properly?

Login to Give a bone

To test/confirm what I just posted, start a new Project. Draw a few Walls and leave them on the New Construction Phase. Now go to the Phase Filters and modify the "Show New" filter to read "Not Displayed" for all columns. Save it somewhere and close.

Start another new project and link in the previous. Set the Phase Filter of the current View to "Show New" and watch the link vanish, even though the Walls are indeed new.

In order to use your custom Phase Filter, you make have to control the Link's Phase Filters separately, by going to V/G » Revit Links and setting the Display Settings to Custom. Then you can click on 'Custom' and specify a Phase Filter for the Link based on its own filters.

Login to Give a bone

I replied but it never showed up, weird. This will probably be a duplicate. Anyhow:
    CADastrophe,
    That was an excellent tutorial. Thank you for not stopping at your previous post which was great, but adding the 'test to confirm' post really helped me grasp it. BTW, I didn't have that custom filter in the linked file. Thank you for taking the time to help me with this. I owe you, big time!

Login to Give a bone

Hey! You don't owe me a thing - that's why I'm here. It's because of these kinds of issues that I have the grasp on Revit that I do today. There are so many enigmatic issues and behaviors with Revit... Anyway, you're more than welcome.