Thread: sheet set title block NOT updating in existing drawings but is for newly added sheets..HELP

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default sheet set title block NOT updating in existing drawings but is for newly added sheets..HELP

I have an existing sheet set created with drawings. I've updated the title block with issue date as well as a key plan. The title block is an xref and all looks good with the dynamic blocks set up. I've maintained the DWT file name. So far so good. But when I open the existing drawings, the title block is NOT updated to reflect the changes. However, if I add a new sheet, the title block is the updated version...Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Anyone have any suggestions???

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: sheet set title block NOT updating in existing drawings but is for newly added sheets..HELP

Quote Originally Posted by kgerber352767 View Post
    I have an existing sheet set created with drawings. I've updated the title block with issue date as well as a key plan. The title block is an xref and all looks good with the dynamic blocks set up. I've maintained the DWT file name. So far so good. But when I open the existing drawings, the title block is NOT updated to reflect the changes. However, if I add a new sheet, the title block is the updated version...Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Anyone have any suggestions???
    I'm not certain if it's entirely the same, but, I recycle sheet sets heavily.

Opening a drawing file for a new set doesn't cause the fields in the titleblock to update, I have to open the SSM, hit 'refresh' and then it will update. But, it stays updated once that is done.

I've never been bothered to run a script through the set to automate that refresh, but, that's what I would advise others to do if the irritant is the same as what I've described.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost