Thread: Locking a drawing list on a sheet??

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Question Locking a drawing list on a sheet??

Can you lock a drawing list on a sheet? I have three drawing lists on one sheet...the problem is everytime i add a new sheet in they start to overlap eachother(see screenshot attached).

Or...

Is there any way to have just one drawing list with three titles (ex. Mech List, Plumb List and Fire Pro List?

I just feel like there is an easy way to have my drawing list not overlap when i add in new sheets.

Please help ugh!
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time CADastrophe's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Locking a drawing list on a sheet??

Nope. You cannot constrain the Schedules to keep a separation between them.

However, you can create a single Sheet List that separates the sheets by Discipline:

1. Add a Project Parameter for "Sheet Discipline" or "Sheet Category" (Text, Instance)

2. Add the text "Mechanical Plans" to this parameter for a Mechanical sheets, "Plumbing Plans" for Plumbing Sheets, etc.

3. In your Sheet List, under the Fields tab, add this Parameter. Under the Sorting/Grouping tab, set the top level sort to this parameter, and check the box for "Header". Under the Formatting tab, select that field and check the option for "Hidden Field."

(See attached image)

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CADastrophe View Post

2. Add the text "Mechanical Plans" to this parameter for a Mechanical sheets, "Plumbing Plans" for Plumbing Sheets, etc.

3. In your Sheet List, under the Fields tab, add this Parameter. Under the Sorting/Grouping tab, set the top level sort to this parameter, and check the box for "Header". Under the Formatting tab, select that field and check the option for "Hidden Field."

(See attached image)
    I dont seem to understand what you need to do excatally. I add the project parameter in...but im having a problem with sorting the sheets out correctly. Could you explain step 2 and step 3 again?

Login to Give a bone

For step#1, ensure that you selected "Sheets" as the category it applies to. Once this Project Parameter is added, it will appear under the Properties for each Sheet View. The value of this parameter can be changed in either the Sheet View (via Properties) or directly from the Sheet List View.

And I did exclude a step:

You will also have to create an additional Project Parameter "Sheet List Sort" (Number/Instance) that applies to the Sheet Category. This will allow you to control the order of the Disciplines in the Schedule, instead of them being forced in alphebetical order. For example, mechanical sheets would have a value of 1, Pluming would be 2, Electrical would be 3, etc. etc. This field should be Hidden as well.

See attach image.

Login to Give a bone

I dont know what im doing wrong but I dont understand where im putting the titles in at.(mech dwg list, plumb. dwg list and etc...)? What goes under filter?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by duaner ekim View Post
    I dont know what im doing wrong but I dont understand where im putting the titles in at.(mech dwg list, plumb. dwg list and etc...)? What goes under filter?
    The titles are entered under the Sheet View's Properties, then they will be grouped under the common heading. So if all of your mechanical Sheet Views have "Mechanical Drawings" enter into their parameter for that Project Parameter, then all of those Sheets will appear under said heading in the Sheet List.

Nothing goes under Filter - we just use Sorting/Grouping.