Thread: Turn off viewport preview line on sheets?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Turn off viewport preview line on sheets?

Is there a way to turn off the viewport preview on sheets?

This line drives me crazy, especially when there are many viewports in proximity, or when they have to overlap.

This is a lot like the highlight preview from AutoCAD. I just can't understand the use.

Perhaps if you have overlapping objects, you want to know which you're selecting. I think it would be preferable to have a selection toggle after you've selected something. Like pick a viewport, oops I got the wrong one, NOW tab through selections. Otherwise, what happens is you create noise for every task in the space where there are overlapping objects, instead of just addressing it when selection becomes a problem.

Perhaps this is there already. If not it should be a whishlist item. Along with making the viewport borders printable. I'd like to avoid creating lines over the viewports if the viewport extent matches the view border on the sheet. For details, it must match from what I can tell. I've had my reference bubbles stretch when I'm doing my sheet layout. ...but that's a whole other issue.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Turn off viewport preview line on sheets?

Not sure, but are you talking about the view's crop region? Simply click the button at the lower left side of the view, just left of the sunglasses, to toggle the crop region on and off. Also when you print, there's an option to hide or not hide the crop region boundaries.

Login to Give a bone

Yes....there is a way to turn them off....select the viewport and Hide in View Elements...Viewport will be gone but the view is still there. If you have to edit the view you will have to unhide it.
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I was thinking more of the preview that comes up when you mouse over it. It looks like it previews to the extent of the annotation crop, with a heavy black line. I'd just rather not see it until I need it. If I need it, I can select the viewport.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by 3dway View Post
    I was thinking more of the preview that comes up when you mouse over it. It looks like it previews to the extent of the annotation crop, with a heavy black line. I'd just rather not see it until I need it. If I need it, I can select the viewport.
    Yeah, that's the viewport....and the only way I know to make it go away is to hide it.. (and you can do it project wide too..)..
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"