Thread: Problems with Revit using Windows 8

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Problems with Revit using Windows 8

Hi,

I'm new to Revit and Windows 8. But I bought a new laptop in December, it's a Dell Inspiron 14, I downloaded Revit fine, and most tools seems to be showing up normal. It's only the End Edit Mode, that is not appearing to edit any type of floor/boundary. So that tab under modify with the Green Check Box does not show up at all. I tried searching all over the screen and desktop, it doesn't appear to be hidden. It seems more to be related to a Windows 8 problem, with the duel screens and whatnot. I was wondering if anyone had any information on this. I saw some other people posted this to other forums, but there's not a clear answer besides downloading Windows 7. If anyone has any advise or answers I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

-Architecture Student.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Problems with Revit using Windows 8

do you mean the if you select a wall (or other such element) under the modify tab you don't get the modify options? for walls these are: edit profile, reset profile, attach top/base, wall opening, detach top/base.

i have this issue with windows 8, i upgraded to win8 not a clean install. anyway, found a painful work around but try this, works for me.

1. select the wall (or other)
    2. next to modify/wall tab you have the little arrow for cycling through minimizing panel buttons etc
    3. cycle through a full cycle and the missing menus will appear.

hope that makes sense?

cheers

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Welcome to AUGI!

From what I'm understanding: you're referring to the "floating" panel which shows up when you edit stuff like boundaries / profiles / groups / etc.? If so then I'd suggest trying an uninstall, then install ACad first, then Revit. There's some issue with RVT not installing all the required DLL's and registry settings properly in W8.

Methinks W8 is a similar scenario to Vista: i.e. in a few months time when M$ is sued by all and sundry, they're going to issue a "free" downgrade to W7 in order to allow their customers to actually USE their PC's. Sorry really, since I've heard good things about W8's speed. But if it's a situation of it's fast, but doesn't actually work - I'm sticking to my W7 thank you very much. I'd rather wait that extra fraction of a second than not have the proper tools / buttons available to actually do something

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

According to Autodesk, Revit 2013 is not supported under Windows 8. I think you have to use Windows 7 or wait until Revit 2014 comes out in Mid-April. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9240617

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

@jacdavis2090351584, If you install the 2nd service pack Autodesk released for revit 2013 that should resolve the issues with the UI in windows 8. It did so for me when I had the same issues, so no work around should be necessary beyond that.

Hope this helps you and everyone else having the problems