Thread: Pipe Routing - Flange problem

Login to Give a bone

Question Pipe Routing - Flange problem

Hi,

I created a pipe routing for a type consists of threaded (20-50) and welded (65-600) fittings. But the problem is when a want to connect a flanged valve, I needed flanges! So I added flange fitting to my pipe routing. After that all fittings which I selected to be threaded or welded became flanged. Whenever an elbow or tee required it is connected with flanges!

Is there a way to use flanges only they are needed in routing? Forexample connecting a flanged valve and other times to always use selected fittings?

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Pipe Routing - Flange problem

Well, no one has replied in a few days, so I will offer my limited experience.

I had basically the same problem. What I did:
    from your valve, or pump, or other device that needs flanges, draw a pipe segment with a pipe type that uses flanges.
    After the flange is created at the valve/pump/whatever, select the pipe segment, and change its type to something else (your threaded/welded pipe type).
    You can then continue routing from that first pipe segment, but you must start with a pipe elbow. The important thing is that you can't manually change the length of that first pipe segment, or the flange will disappear. You can only add an elbow, and then keep routing. Note that after you add the elbow, you can move the elbow to resize the first pipe segment without losing the flange.

It is a little annoying to add them in, but after you get them in there they aren't too much trouble.