Guys, I've been working on learning revit for almost a year now. Improving in many area's. Just recently started truly getting to model for a purpose vs. experimenting.
Background is all Electrical.

Currently working on Major Electrical room. All raceways are modeled and prob. 60% of trapeze's built and placed. Used Groups to create individual instances in attempting to later detail and send to prefab. dept.
Have currently 64 different groups. Which would require I think at least 64 times of annotation and sheet creation but am trying to use a template to increase process effeciency.

After meeting a person who seems quite profecient with Revit, he quickly showed me about assemblies. Assemblies appear awesome and would likely suit the purpose of trapeze designs going to prefab much
better than groups would. Currently my work around for building the groups and scheduling them has been to use copper pipe 1/2" as Threaded Rod, and Cable Tray w/o fittings 2" or 1" to represent strut.

After spending a few hours, trying work arounds, trial and error and various combinations of materials that can become parts of Assemblies per Wikihelps direction, I'm kinda stuck on where/how to go about
using structural ( assuming is best means to represent trapeze with ) families.

Could someone please assist in pointing me in correct direction in regards to the best structural elements to use that can become dynamic to represent threaded rod and unistrut to form an assembly that can be scheduled and parametric in time ?
I have looked into modifying the .txt files for some of the metal catagories. The biggest issue coming up with is an error stating particular structural families cant be loaded. Not really looking to figure out
load capacities yet ( maybe one day ) # 1 goal is just to create assemblies to streamline the process from model to prefabrication.

Any assistiance would be greatly appreciated. I promise that I spend alot of time trying to solve obstacles on my own.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian Thornton