Thread: transparency not working

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default transparency not working

since the changing of how transparency works (i think in 2013) my Electrical views haven't looked correct. i used to hit the check boxes for half-tone and transparency for things like plumbing fixtures and air terminals. so now in my view template, i turn those categories to 100% transparent, and am not getting the same effect. this used to make my lights take precedence, they would overwrite the diffuser and toilet lines, but now a diffuser adjacent to a light overwrites my light fixture line as a thin line. am i doing it wrong, or does transparency just not work anymore? i also went and looked at the mechanical view, and my lights are overwriting his diffusers in the M view. seems it's defaulting to do the exact opposite of what we want. anyone else having issues with this? all these MEP elements are in one model, but i'm seeing the same thing with some linked arch elements and structural column lines.
    it shouldn't be a problem when printing to pdf, because bluebeam has a merge lines feature that fixes this, but when i plot to our new kip plotter, it looks like it does on the screen, there isn't a merge setting in their drivers.
    might want to check your views,
    mike

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: transparency not working

Anyone figure this one out yet? Having a very similar issue with p-traps under the arch model's lav's. Lav's are 2D only, no filled regions and countertops are 100% transparent. only seems to be affecting 2013 models...

EDIT: In the Revit Links tab, click "underlay" checkbox on the arch model will solve the issue, but it will make water closets and service sinks disappear.
    Last edited by rbcameron1; 2013-07-16 at 06:18 PM. Reason: updated info

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: transparency not working

I am having the same issue as rbcameron1 in 2013 with not being able to see sanitary piping below the fixtures. I know you can check the Arch link to "underlay", but that doesn't help me as all of our plumbing fixtures are copied. I have opened our copied fixtures and hid all solids from plan view and replaced with symbolic lines, checked all the transparency settings, and hid the arch's plumbing fixtures. I did notice that when you change Mechanical Settings Inside/Outside Gap to 1/128" (we normally have it set at 1/32") then you can see the piping below the fixtures. But, obviously this isn't a solution as none of my pipes would have break lines.