Thread: Grid displays in paper space

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Grid displays in paper space

Hello all,
    I just upgraded from 2010 to 2013. Now old or new drawings display the grid in paper space in all the layouts, (I typically have three per drawing). I can turn the grid display off by switching to model space turning off the grid and switching back to paper space, but this is a patch, not a fix. I find that the grid makes it impossible to proof my drawings in paper space and I don't want to have to turn the grid display off every time I make a new or view an old drawing.
    Is there any way to set the default so the grid does not display in paper space?

Thanks
    RSM

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Grid displays in paper space

This is nothing to do with Autocad versions, we usually edit my template to match standards.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rsmueller View Post
    Hello all,
    I just upgraded from 2010 to 2013. Now old or new drawings display the grid in paper space in all the layouts, (I typically have three per drawing). I can turn the grid display off by switching to model space turning off the grid and switching back to paper space, but this is a patch, not a fix. I find that the grid makes it impossible to proof my drawings in paper space and I don't want to have to turn the grid display off every time I make a new or view an old drawing.
    Is there any way to set the default so the grid does not display in paper space?

Thanks
    RSM
    Congrats on your first post!

Yes, as archie.manza mentioned, it's good to set that up in your default template.
    Do you have an acaddoc.lsp that sets variables and loads apps on startup?
    If you don't, you should look into it.

If you do, simply add this to it:

(setvar "gridmode" 0)

That will shut the grids off everytime you open a drawing!

**EDIT, not sure what this does to viewports that are already showing the grid?
    This setvar turns off the grid in MS, not necessirly PS... looking into it.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Also look into changing the color of the grid. Its possible to "tone it down" to where its much less prominent than the OOTB settings.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks everyone for the replies. With your help I was able to discover that an "overlay" program was causing the grids to turn on. I am able to change this default from there.

It turns out that the grid was always turned on but the dots were not an issue when proofing documents before and only noticed the grid on with 2013.

Thanks again.