Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
it's a precast concrete panel, that follows a regular pattern, repetitive.
If you look closely, it is not a regular pattern. Look at the direction of the angles. If it were regular, you'd always have a diagonal up, then down, then up, then down, etc. In fact, you'll see a number of places where you get two or more diagonal ups or downs in a row. Nothing too complicated, but adds to the complexity and cannot be a purely pattern-based curtain panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
The ins and outs of the volume of the panel could be done in Revit, too. It would take some time to do one of them carefully, but I insist, all this is doable in Revit.
I don't doubt, nor do I think graphite doubts, that this could be done in Revit. The "ins and outs" on the panels that are represented by the colors in the image graphite shows, are are quite varied. They look like relatively straight-forward forms that could be modeled in Revit, yes. The composition of them is quite complex and could be done manually with quite a bit of time. My question is not just how you can do it in Revit, but how did they do it in another program and was it more automated?

I think this is a fascinating case to explore in Revit on a number of fronts. I think we can all agree it would be possible. My thoughts go to efficiency of designing this: can we explain when and why the exceptions in the large pattern occur? What is the best method for addressing these exceptions? Can we explain when and why the smaller extrusions/"ins and outs" occur, what is their logic, and what is the best and most efficient method for adding them, modifying them, etc.

Graphite, what do you know about the exceptions to the large pattern?
What do you know about the generation of the smaller pattern? Do any of the articles mention how they decide where to play what extrusion? Did they generate it based on an algorithm? Or something else?