Thread: MEP 2014 (Revit or CAD)???

Login to Give a bone

Default MEP 2014 (Revit or CAD)???

Has anyone heard of any rumors and find any good reads on what we might be seeing in the 2014 release? I heard that this year might be a year for the electrical side, but haven't found anything to read up on it. When I do a google search, all I get are links to download the software from websites I dare not enter.

Shawn

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MEP 2014 (Revit or CAD)???

Quote Originally Posted by sbrennan View Post
    Has anyone heard of any rumors and find any good reads on what we might be seeing in the 2014 release? I heard that this year might be a year for the electrical side, but haven't found anything to read up on it. When I do a google search, all I get are links to download the software from websites I dare not enter.

Shawn
    Anyone who *could* actually answer that question, isn't legally allowed to do so, until the day that the software is launched, so there definitely shouldn't be any information on any website other than the beta one.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

I totally understand that, and I'm not asking for anyone to do anything they're not supposed to. Thus the rumors portion of the statement. Obviously I heard the possibility of more electrical development from somewhere ... someone out there is leaking information, or they're looking at trends and thinking that electrical hasn't had much development in recent years so they think this is an "electrical year" for MEP content.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I think what you are referring to is indeed related to "trends." If you look back at the areas Revit MEP was improved in prior releases, you'll see that the Electrical trade is "due" Whether or not that comes to fruition or not is yet to be seen. Fingers crossed!

Login to Give a bone

I hope 2014 wasn't a big year for electrical with 2014. That is the version I am experimenting with and there is far too much clicking and pointing involved with basic operations, especially circuiting!