Thread: MEP Hidden Lines stop working in file (2010)

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default MEP Hidden Lines stop working in file (2010)

I am working with a 2010 MEP file that will not show the proper hidden lines at the moment. When I send a piece of duct at an elevation of 18' over multiple objects below it, there are no hidden lines shown at all like there should be. The drawing is set as "MEP Design" and even when I draw new ducts off to the side of the file they show the hidden lines correctly. This makes me wonder if I have a corrupt file of some type.

Is there something I am missing here that I need to do to fix the settings so they work right again? Anyway thanks for any insight that could be provided.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MEP Hidden Lines stop working in file (2010)

Starting with the basics - did you try regenerate model under the view tab? I find I usually have to regen model quite often.

Also - I know with the much older versions there was an issue where you had to move everything by 0 inches to make it display right.

Also I think if you go to options - MEP display control tab - you used to have to have a small gap in there for it to work right.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MEP Hidden Lines stop working in file (2010)

Quote Originally Posted by klee323523 View Post
    I am working with a 2010 MEP file that will not show the proper hidden lines at the moment. When I send a piece of duct at an elevation of 18' over multiple objects below it, there are no hidden lines shown at all like there should be. The drawing is set as "MEP Design" and even when I draw new ducts off to the side of the file they show the hidden lines correctly. This makes me wonder if I have a corrupt file of some type.

Is there something I am missing here that I need to do to fix the settings so they work right again? Anyway thanks for any insight that could be provided.
    When you say you draw the duct off to the side and it works correctly are you still drawing it at 18'? Or are they at a lower elevation? The reason why I am asking is it might be an issue with the cut plane. You can turn it off by going into options and on the MEP Display Tab way down at the bottom there is a check box for Display by Elevation. Make sure it is turned off if you do not want to use the functionality that it offers. If you are having problems with objects acting differently based on its elevation then this is generally the culprit. If you want to have it turned on then make sure you have it turned on for EVERY drawing that is in your current drawing. If you only have it turned on in some drawings and then off in others it can cause adverse effects.