Thread: Autocad LT 2012: Scale on viewports cannot be changed

Login to Give a bone

Question Autocad LT 2012: Scale on viewports cannot be changed

Hi all. I'm a new AUGI user and I am having a frustrating problem with viewports.

I'm usually able to adjust the view scale on viewports, however on a new file I've created, the viewports scale can't be adjusted. If I choose a desired scale from the pull-down menu in the properties box, it will default to "custom" or "scale to fit" and the scale factor becomes 0. I then cannot see the model in the viewport because the scale is defaulting to 0. I've solved the problem by inserting a functioning viewport from a completely different drawing, but I am curious as to why new viewports can't be adjusted to look like I want them to.

After searching through posts, I think it could be a perpective vs. parallel view issue?

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your time

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autocad LT 2012: Scale on viewports cannot be changed

Have you tried to set the scale of the view port the old school way? Using Zoom XP?

Here's what I mean.

Paper Space is always set to a scale of 1 to 1. You then want your view port to be set at 30 feet or 1/16 scale. This is simply done.

Z - Enter [you will get a prompt that reads Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP) followed by your traditional zoom commands, dynamic extents, etc.

The command we want to use is the nXP one or 1 x XP. The X represents the scale of the view port and P represents Paper Space.

So if you want to set a view port up at 1/16 = 1'-0" you would type in - Z enter 1/192XP and that would set up your view correctly. If you are using feet it would be the same Z enter 1/30XP for 1"=30' scaled view port.

Login to Give a bone

I tried your method. It worked on the viewport I brought in from another drawing, it didn't work for the new viewport in question. Same problem with standard scale being stuck at .0000

Login to Give a bone

I hope this is a silly question but - is the viewport locked?

Login to Give a bone

Hello,

I encountered the same problem. Started a new drawing Acad 2014 acadiso3D metric template. Adapted Layout 1 to my needs and created a new single rectangular viewport.
    The viewport was created with "realistic" as visual style. Problem: When I wanted to change the viewport's scale via properties the dropdown always jumped back to "Custom"
    After checking all the settings no result, untill...

Solution: Double click in the viewport and change the visual style to one that isn't the current one (preferably a wireframe style.).
    Change the visual style back to the one you need.
    Exit the viewport by "ps" or double clicking outside of it's frame. Try to change the scale again via properties, which should work now.
    If this doesn't work, activate viewport again, change style to wireframe, exit viewport, try to change scale (should work), enter the viewport again to change visual style to your required style.
    After doing this scaling the viewport should work no matter which visual style you chose.

Conclusion: I think this has to do with a graphical issue or a bug, since "resetting" the visual style as explained above seems to do the trick.

Greetings,
    Gawein