Thread: Variable in Options Dialog

Login to Give a bone

Default Variable in Options Dialog

Is it possible to use the Autocad variable "Loginname" in the options dialog box? I want to set the "Main Customization File" path to something like "Z:\{loginname}". this will set the CUIX file for whoever logs on to a machine automatically. I hope. Is there maybe a better way to accomplish this? Its a major nuisance to have to configure Autocad every time a user logs onto a new machine for the first time.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Variable in Options Dialog

I don't understand why you do not simply standardize the name as "Z:\Main.cuix" or "Z:\Custom.cuix"... Perhaps this will work (untested), as part of your Acad.lsp?

Code:
    (vl-load-com)

((lambda (user / cuix)
       (if (setq cuix (findfile (strcat "Z:\\" user ".cuix")))
         (vla-put-menufile
           (vla-get-files
             (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object))
           )
           cuix
         )
       )
     )
      (getvar 'loginname)
    )
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

The Enterprise CUIX is the same through out. but each user has a CUIX file named as their network user name. This prevents having multiple files of the same name but different content. It would not be possible to distinguish one user's CUIX file from the other. i am not familiar with the "vla" commands. can this be done with just the basic LISP commands? I'm very limited on LISP programing so it may be better I just leave this one alone. )

Login to Give a bone

Does the Z: drive in your example show the same results to each user? If they show differently, then user a would be using a different file than user b which would ease the use of a common name for the users' cuix file.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mpeace View Post
    i am not familiar with the "vla" commands. can this be done with just the basic LISP commands? I'm very limited on LISP programing so it may be better I just leave this one alone. )
    Did you try adding the code I posted to your Acad.lsp file?

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Does the Z: drive in your example show the same results to each user? If they show differently, then user a would be using a different file than user b which would ease the use of a common name for the users' cuix file.
    This is similar to our environment... Where the user's 'custom' CUIx is stored on their personal network space (not accessible to even me), but each uses the same FileName.cuix file and it's mapped into our setup via Acad.lsp file (where I manage the Profile(s) from).

More information is needed, as it sounds a bit like the OP is storing everyone's custom CUIx in one network location (just a guess).
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000