Thread: Dock Quick View Tools

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default Dock Quick View Tools

Summary: Make the Quick View Layouts and Quick View Drawings tools dock-able and/or anchor-able so they can be left open without obscuring the drawing window.

Description: The Quick View Layouts and Quick View Drawings tools are very useful for switching between layouts, drawings, and paper/model space but they are very much in the way when they are pinned open and somewhat awkward to use when they are left closed. I would like to have the ability to dock the tool at the bottom of the screen (just above or below the command line). A thin strip of thumbnails could be left open (optionally) without obscuring the drawing window. I realize this would leave less room on the screen for drawing but I think it would be worth it.

Another option would be to limit the command line to half the screen width and use the other half for the docked/anchored quick view tool.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Architecture - Tools

Submitted By: Tim Grissom on 03/22/2013

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dock Quick View Tools

You may love the tabs added to the 2014 release. The Quick View tools are still there, but with tabs displayed, you get a tab for each drawing and if you hover over it, you get a drop down with selectable thumbnails of Model and the Layouts.

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Dock Quick View Tools

Dock Quick View Tools

Summary: Make the Quick View Layouts and Quick View Drawings tools dock-able and/or anchor-able so they can be left open without obscuring the drawing window.

Description: The Quick View Layouts and Quick View Drawings tools are very useful for switching between layouts, drawings, and paper/model space but they are very much in the way when they are pinned open and somewhat awkward to use when they are left closed. I would like to have the ability to dock the tool at the bottom of the screen (just above or below the command line). A thin strip of thumbnails could be left open (optionally) without obscuring the drawing window. I realize this would leave less room on the screen for drawing but I think it would be worth it.

Another option would be to limit the command line to half the screen width and use the other half for the docked/anchored quick view tool.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - User Interface

Submitted By: Tim Grissom on 03/22/2013