Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iDrop html code

Login to Give a bone

Default iDrop html code

Ok friends,

All I need is "How do I write the html code to use iDrop" ?

simple aye?
    I really couldn't make it work, I searched and found different options and it didnt work.
    Can anyone help me with that?

At work they use AutoCAD 2013 LT.

How can I create XML files to use with iDrop, can I use DWG instead?
    Any easy option? As we use more than thousand blocks everyday.

I am creating a "website" where we would simply scroll down to the "assembly" we want of DWG, drag and drop to AutoCAD. We manufacture aluminium joinery and we use really thousand and thousand of blocks, different assemblies, each one with different Ixx values and info that I would be showing on this "website"... all I need is how to create this iDrop thing, step by step.

Help? please.. heeeeelp.
    =)

Thanks heaps.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: iDrop html code

Have you looked at the code generated from the Publish to Web command on the File menu in AutoCAD? I am not certain it is available in LT, though.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Yes I have looked at that too, but it didnt make much sense.
    I honestly dont have any idea how to do the iDrop.
    I "play" with websites since 1994, but am stuck on this simple task now.
    =(

Login to Give a bone

iDrop is not a simple task. You need to be able to link to the XML data for each iDrop enabled drawing within your html rendered page. You can generate the iDrop XML dynamically, but you will still need to provide a link to it. Unfortunately, you cannot embed the XML data into the page.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

woot -- i thought iDrop was a totally dead idea. looking at the Adesk discusion groups, there doesn't seem to be much left there. maybe on the ADN site?

try http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/i-drop...nsion/bd-p/111

looks like the most recent activity there was almost a year ago....

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    woot -- i thought iDrop was a totally dead idea. looking at the Adesk discusion groups, there doesn't seem to be much left there. maybe on the ADN site?

try http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/i-drop...nsion/bd-p/111

looks like the most recent activity there was almost a year ago....
    I haven't seen much help there either. There seems to be one person that knows how to create a dynamic iDrop page, but they seem to only do it privately.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

hmmm... yeah...
    I am not sure what to do then... it looks like my idea to make things easier here at work is not going to happen.

We use so many informatiuon of each bit of each block and that was my goal.. I could have a website where I would store all the blocks, dispolaying the information from massproperties, list, that we get from regions, showing some other calculations and the use would only drag/drop the block he needs. It would be "perfect". But how to make those XML files from thousands and thousand of blocks? Not possible aye?

Oh well, I will rethink about what I can do to help at work. Unfortunately LT version doesnt accept LISP/DCL ... it sucks!!
    Otherwise yeah.. I would create some rotines (I would try, hehe). Thanks everyone.

Login to Give a bone

It is possible to create the XML files from a list of drawings. Unfortunately, LT is not going to help.

You could look into Tool Palettes as your interface. Of course, it is not a quick solution, but neither would iDrop.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, the toolpaletts would do some job, but not exactly for what I need. We have 9 computers runing on my department and I need to create ONE file where whenever I upload, update one file, or add something new, etc etc, evryone else would be able to have it, thats why Im creating (i was) the website.
    but well, I will think in different options.. plus it is not just about the DWG block (assembly between blocks), it is also displaying some extra information about each of those blocks and different combinations.
    Hmm.. I have to think about it, how to do, what to do..

Thanks a lot everyone for the attention.
    =)

Login to Give a bone

Can you specify multiple folders for Tool Palettes in your options? You could create a common Tool Palette on the network.
    jUSt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast