Thread: Batch printing: Printing drawing with irregular quantities of layouts using script

Login to Give a bone

Default Batch printing: Printing drawing with irregular quantities of layouts using script

Hello everyone,

I use Autocad 2013 LT. I would like to write a script that will plot drawings into DWF's. There are multiple drawings. Some with multiple layouts and some with single layouts. Its the layouts that we would like to be plotted. The script is created using excel. There are no issues plotting drawings with single layout as excel can cope with that. its when there are multiple layouts which creates a problem. What i'm really looking for is for AutoCAD to accept a "print all layouts" command. I can apply this to the excel sheet which will then create the script as we would like to.

I do use publish, but i would like to automate as much as possible so that just leaving a computer over night can do everything without any human input.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Batch printing: Printing drawing with irregular quantities of layouts using script

You will need to know all of the layout names that you would like to plot. You should be able to use the LAYOUT command to SET the desired layout current before plotting. Otherwise, someone will need to save a list of drawings/layouts for the Publish command to process.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt