Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Support File Search Paths

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Disappearing Support File Search Paths

Could some help with my Disappearing Support File Search Paths. I add the File Search Paths, save my work space then save profile. The next day when I open ACAD mechanical the added File search paths are missing. I currently have the switich to open <<ACADMPP>> which is the same profile that I save to. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Disappearing Support File Search Paths

Perhaps these are being reset to a pre-defined configuration via Acad.lsp? This is how I manage the Profile (mostly).
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    Perhaps these are being reset to a pre-defined configuration via Acad.lsp? This is how I manage the Profile (mostly).
    Thank you for such a quick reply. I think I understand about having a lisp reset, but I believe I do not have any such lisp loading. Perhaps something else?

Login to Give a bone

In my limited experience, this file (Acad.lsp) is rarely used unintentionally to modify such Profile properties, and is usually implemented by a CAD Admin/Manager as part of your setup.

I'm not sure what your working environment is in that regard, but as Acad.lsp is a user-defined file that must reside within the SFSP, you can use this to find out if you even have one loading:

Code:
    (findfile "acad.lsp")
    Separately, you mentioned specifying a specific profile from your application icon's target property (using /p startup switch); are there any other switches being used that might load something else?

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

I'm not sure what your working environment is in that regard, but as Acad.lsp is a user-defined file that must reside within the SFSP, you can use this to find out if you even have one loading:
    I am not sure how to use this code; save as a lsp file and ap load or something else? Please advise

Separately, you mentioned specifying a specific profile from your application icon's target property (using /p startup switch); are there any other switches being used that might load something else?
    I do have a startup script that loads custom menu bars and then saves the template file as when first opened, but nothing else. Perhaps something else? Thanks
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2013-03-26 at 12:56 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Allen View Post
    I am not sure how to use this code; save as a lsp file and ap load or something else? Please advise
    The code is LISP, and can simply be copied + pasted to the command line. If the file is found, the code will return the file path location, otherwise Nil if not found.

You might also consider searching for "acad.fas" and "acad.vlx" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Allen View Post
    I do have a startup script that loads custom menu bars and then saves the template file as when first opened, but nothing else. Perhaps something else? Thanks
    SFSP do not change themselves, if you're experiencing a repeated 'reset' to your SFSP, then something is causing it. More information is needed in order to better help you.

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

The code is LISP, and can simply be copied + pasted to the command line. If the file is found, the code will return...You might also consider searching for "acad.fas" and "acad.vlx" as well.
    This is what I found

Attachment 89633

Please advise?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I really hate to suggest this, but I've seen this behavior with "bad" installs (e.g. user doesn't have rights to modify registry, excessive UAC settings, corrupt Win user profile). Search paths are stored under the AutoCAD profile in the registry, so any attempted changes don't stick.

Login to Give a bone

I've thankfully never seen such a scenario... Would the user be able to set the paths at all if that were the case, rather than setting them, and loosing them at next session start?

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

SFSP do not change themselves, if you're experiencing a repeated 'reset' to your SFSP, then something is causing it. More information is needed in order to better help you.
    Please direct me in getting the more info for your assistance. Thanks you

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast