Thread: Flex Duct shown disconnected

Login to Give a bone

Default Flex Duct shown disconnected

Hopefully someone can help me out with this. As you you can see in the first image, the flex ducts attach to fan coil perfectly. However, when I rotate the view 180 degrees (second image), the flex ducts appear to be disconnected. I can delete the duct, but then when I try to redraw another, it continues to appear as if its disconnected and it's driving me nuts. An easy fix would be not rotate the view in the first place, but per our company standards, the view needs to be rotated in this manner. Does anyone know why this happens?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Flex Duct shown disconnected

I'd submit that to Autodesk support, sounds like a "bug". If by rotate do you mean rotating the view's crop region? If that's the only difference then it sounds like a graphic glitch. Does using Wireframe make any difference? I'm just curious if the hidden line process could be affected somehow and those are pretty long runs of flex.

Usually when flex duct doesn't display properly it is because the change of direction is too extreme for the flex graphics to display properly. Adding another node to the flex will often allow me to make it look better.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Flex Duct shown disconnected

Yes. When I rotate the view's crop region, the flex duct shows up all jagged and sometimes missing the first 1 or 2 feet of the duct. It appears correct in a sectional view but not in plan view. Wireframe doesn't do anything and I don't think the duct length has anything to do with it either. The return ducts are only a couple feet and its doing the same thing so that can be the cause.
    You may have a point regarding the graphics.
    I'll report it to Autodesk to see if they have a solution.. Thanks for the tips.