Thread: Connection database with Excel and Autocad

0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

Default Connection database with Excel and Autocad

Good evening,

I'm trying to link a text from Autocad to an excel spreadsheet so that when changed in Excel, be changed in autocad.

I started doing database through ODBC.

I made a table in excel selecting and naming fields, added the file in windows OBDC manager, able to make the connection through dbConnect autocad, created label ...

Now I need to put the information in the database autocad text entity and already there I'm not getting more done, can someone give me a light?

Thank you!

Default Re: Connection database with Excel and Autocad

The idea is this: I will work with the same stamp that will be inserted in the various plants through xref. so if I have 10 plants and need to change something I'll need to change the stamp only on the base.

The texts containing information which change according to plant such number of plank, plank content, scale, reviews, artist name, name of the designer, etc.. these will be organized in excel as a table and serve as the basis for the text on the stamp autocad.

If the stamp is on board 1 layout data corresponding excel vai pair of stamp, if the board layout 2 the same thing and so on.

So the idea of doing this using Excel as a database and the corresponding texts in autocad thus need only to move the information in excel without opening all plants.

I can link to the excel table via ODBC and using dbConnect in autocad, but I am not knowing how to text or mtext cad get the information from the database table

Default Re: Connection database with Excel and Autocad

Quote Originally Posted by luislhss View Post
    The idea is this: I will work with the same stamp that will be inserted in the various plants through xref. so if I have 10 plants and need to change something I'll need to change the stamp only on the base.

The texts containing information which change according to plant such number of plank, plank content, scale, reviews, artist name, name of the designer, etc.. these will be organized in excel as a table and serve as the basis for the text on the stamp autocad.

If the stamp is on board 1 layout data corresponding excel vai pair of stamp, if the board layout 2 the same thing and so on.

So the idea of doing this using Excel as a database and the corresponding texts in autocad thus need only to move the information in excel without opening all plants.

I can link to the excel table via ODBC and using dbConnect in autocad, but I am not knowing how to text or mtext cad get the information from the database table
    Hi,
    In my opinion you could create more simply a block with attributes and change the attributes reading a text file or excel file as you prefer by a very poor macro in VBA.

If you can send me a sample stamp I'll try to write a code for you.

Regards