Thread: lisp within a lisp

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation lisp within a lisp

I am running AutoCAD LDD 2005. I am trying to use the ncopy command from express tools. I use this command alot and am prompted with picking the base point but would like for those values to be 0,0 and 0,0 for the first and second base point. Then I would like to run pedit and join together all the selections that I have made previously. I know to run a lisp within a lisp I would use (C:ncopy). However I am not sure how I would use 0,0 as the input for ncopy.

Code:
    ("(defun c:supercopy ()

((C:ncopy) "0,0" "0,0" )

(command "_pedit" "m" "previous" "" "y" "j" "")

(princ)
    Here is my attempt at writing the code. Let me know if this is possible. Thank you

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: lisp within a lisp

You will have to look at the source code that comes with it, don't post it, and see how to call it with arguements. AFAIK that is the only way.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Okay I have decided to try and modify the trexblk.lsp. Is it okay to do this or is it against copyright?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I don't think you should modify (not sure about the legality of doing so). If you can understand the code (I couldn't when I tried) then you can call the sub functions that are head within to your code. That is how I have seen some others do it. I have never done it, so maybe someone who has can/will chime in and let you know a little more about it.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I have made several attempts but so far nothing has worked. I just want to make sure that this is legal as I will be using it at work.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw.94380
    I have made several attempts but so far nothing has worked. I just want to make sure that this is legal as I will be using it at work.
    You would need to read the copyright. I would think it would be okay if you aren't providing others your modified code.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt