Thread: Group Instances/Fix Groups Workaround (Conflict Occurs When With Callout Boundary is Adjusted)

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Group Instances/Fix Groups Workaround (Conflict Occurs When With Callout Boundary is Adjusted)

Since most 2D annotation categories are view-specific, I've been using detail groups keep my callout details consistent with my sections, and with each other. The "original" detail group is on the building section, and copies are pasted into the corresponding detail views. As a result, I may have 16+ copies of one detail group placed on various sheets. It works pretty well for me, but every once in a while, when I adjust the view boundaries of a callout, one of my detail groups threatens me with this message:

Group instances of the same type do not contain identical members. Press "Fix Groups..." to select from options to make the groups consistent.
    Corresponding group members in different group instances diverge in the following respects:
    - different curves

I am usually given the choice to ungroup or to create new groups. I don't want to do either of these things because it is quite a chore to figure out which of the myriad views are actually affected. I wish that I knew of a way to generate a chart consisting of sheet numbers, group names, and view numbers, but I don't. In lieu of this knowledge, I've found the following workaround to be helpful:

First, this is what the error situation looks like (my comments are in purple):
    Attachment 91489

<<<<<<<<<<<TO BE EDITED.... NONE OF MY ATTACHMENTS ARE COMING THRU>>>>>>>>>>>
    Last edited by StacyJennifer; 2013-04-29 at 07:45 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Group Instances/Fix Groups Workaround (Conflict Occurs When With Callout Boundary is Adjusted)

I'm also experiencing this (in 2015 and 2016). Changing a crop boundary, or sometimes just moving a line based component in a way Revit doesn't like will trigger the detail groups to break. Line based components at an angle seem to be more of a problem. Also, frequently groups won't break but will become messed up, i.e. after finishing an edit the group i'm working on will look how I saved it, but then other instances in other views will have components moved off in space. Have to delete and repaste the group.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Group Instances/Fix Groups Workaround (Conflict Occurs When With Callout Boundary is Adjusted)

I'm also having this issue. Haven't tested in 2017 yet.

Revit Architecture 2016
    Build: 16.0.1161.0
    20160720_0715(x64)
    Update6 for R2