Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Room Attribute Routine

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Room Attribute Routine

Morning fixo, after rereading your code it is starting to make sense. However, after starting with RML and entering the FloorNumber i have picked the 'rectangle' as required and now get the 'wait' alert.................after 10mins nothing has happened. This is what i am doing, I have tried drawing the rectangle and enclosing the whole of the floor plan and the room polylines, i have tried drawing the rectangle for each individual room but when i press enter after picking the rectangle the alert 'Wait' pops up - doesn't seem to want to go past this point or am i too impatient.

JS

Login to Give a bone

You could not put the AsbestosBlock for each individual room
    just for whole floor plan only
    So you need to select all plan picking 2 window points and wait a few seconds no more,
    no other commands is needed
    Will be back later,

Login to Give a bone

Hi fixo, I have attached a pdf to show you the 'rectangle' i picked on the plan.

JS
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

See step-by-step instructions
    ROOM BLOCKS.doc
    Red colored are Asbestos blocks,
    hatched rooms conains asbest type
    returned from CSV file

Login to Give a bone

Hi fixo, sorry I have not replied earlier but I have not been well - stomach bug got me!!.

Anyway, I read your step by step instructions but without success as the routine still hangs at the ' Wait ' alert. Not really sure why it should run on your system and not mine. I am running Windows 7 Pro and AutoCAD full 2012. Have you any suggestions?. There are a few other bits of the routine I would like to tidy up but can't at the moment.

Hope your weekend is good for you.

JS

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by doushkajs353099 View Post
    Hi All, I have absolutely no idea how to do this but am hoping someone out there can help. I am using AutoCAD LT 2012 and use it to edit and create dwg files recording buildings and their condition (BIM ?). I have room attributes placed on the drawing which display room details from the dwg. What I was hoping for was to access other information based on the room number and show it in the drawing. So if I had say asbestos items recorded in a csv file then I could run a routine with options shown in the command line which would place a symbol in a room where the asbestos was located. Also perhaps render a colour in a room as well to highlight areas. This request hopefully will open discussion on how to tackle the problem as I say I don't know about programming CAD. Thanks in anticipation. Have a great day.
    I'm following this thread with great interest, good stuff so far.

Just curious though if you're working for a client, or if you are a facility? If you work for the facility itself, it's usual for this type of information to be tracked using a CAFM program (discussed in the facilities management forum here on AUGI, or in product-specific forums like archibus and fm:systems, etc).
    Some folks do use Map3d for data tracking like that as well.
    And, Revit probably has more tools than I'm aware of to query and display information. Clyne Curtis did an interesting class on using Revit to create color-coded floor plans based on data associated with rooms. They will be posted here (2008-2010 I know he had applicable classes), but, they're not up yet. Keep an eye out.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Hi Wanderer, many thanks for your reply / comment. You are quite right about the tracking of this information and in reality this is the way to do it. What i am working with here is not quite a CAFM application it is actually a database (Concerto) which has the ability to interrogate drawings via a third party app (CAD.NET). A poor man's approach and is making things a bit akward. I am responsible for the admin on this database and am looking for ways to make it work better for us.

Any advice or tips ALWAYS welcome, thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by doushkajs353099 View Post
    Hi Wanderer, many thanks for your reply / comment. You are quite right about the tracking of this information and in reality this is the way to do it. What i am working with here is not quite a CAFM application it is actually a database (Concerto) which has the ability to interrogate drawings via a third party app (CAD.NET). A poor man's approach and is making things a bit akward. I am responsible for the admin on this database and am looking for ways to make it work better for us.

Any advice or tips ALWAYS welcome, thanks.
    Ah, I definitely understand. We make due with the tools we are given.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123