I didn't select a version for this post, as it seems to apply to all of them. I'm using MEP, but I suspect these apply to most versions.

I would guess that most readers of this post have come across these and asked the same question. Why aren't we given the ability to set default actions for these?

1. When placing an electrical device, the tag option is checked by default. I don't always need to tag every item.
2. When tagging a device, the Leader option is checked by default. I don't always want a leader.
3. When I place spare circuit breakers in a panel schedule, they come in locked by default. I don't typically need them locked.

And the one that is asked about the most in our office....

4. Immediately after I have created a new local file from the Central model, when a command is entered, I get the "synchronize with Central" warning....I just created a new local file? How could there be anything to synchronize?

How much time could we save daily if we were given the ability to set defaults for many common actions.

It's usability issues like these that make you shake you head and wonder when working with revit.