Thread: 360 for Collaboration?

Login to Give a bone

Default 360 for Collaboration?

Is anyone using the Autodesk 360 features for collaboration between offices/locations/organizations?

If so, what do you find useful and workable? How does it fit into your existing structures for sharing work and designs? Have you used other services, Dropbox etc. and how does 360 work out for you relative to those setups? If your are trying to manage project information between groups - how well does 360 work at reporting and tracking what gets uploaded or downloaed? If you are acting as a subscription manager - do you feel the usage reporting is useful or inadequate?

Is there a minor fix/improvement that would improve your ability use 360? Or does the service need to be rebuilt from scratch? Or is it something that you will have no use for as a collaboration tool? Or is it dang near perfect as is?

Hoping to get a conversation going -- now that 360 has been part of Acad for a while now, and especially since the ToS was re-written to be friendlier with the 2014 release.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 360 for Collaboration?

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    Is anyone using the Autodesk 360 features for collaboration between offices/locations/organizations?

If so, what do you find useful and workable? How does it fit into your existing structures for sharing work and designs? Have you used other services, Dropbox etc. and how does 360 work out for you relative to those setups? If your are trying to manage project information between groups - how well does 360 work at reporting and tracking what gets uploaded or downloaed? If you are acting as a subscription manager - do you feel the usage reporting is useful or inadequate?

Is there a minor fix/improvement that would improve your ability use 360? Or does the service need to be rebuilt from scratch? Or is it something that you will have no use for as a collaboration tool? Or is it dang near perfect as is?

Hoping to get a conversation going -- now that 360 has been part of Acad for a while now, and especially since the ToS was re-written to be friendlier with the 2014 release.
    I'm just starting to look into it now. Over the past few years, our in-house engineers are starting to do more electronic review of current project plans. Now that I've put a few files up, I'm starting to have one of the guys try to use them on his iphone and ipad (they seem to like the hands-on feel of the tablets over using a mouse to navigate a plan set).
    Baby steps here, as always.

If we do put it into our workflow, it's only going to be internally. Like I, or the Engineering Manager, would upload a current plan set and the engineers and craft supervisors will mark up, then the engineering manager would pass the markups back to the design team. I don't foresee using it with the design teams directly, as I tend to let them do their own things as their process works for them... some have shared servers, some have ftps, some carry stuff back and forth on discs and thumb drives. I really don't care, as long as people are sharing data.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost