Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mechanical equipment circuiting issue

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mechanical equipment circuiting issue

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
    I didn't, I got the impression that there weren't many instances to deal with. I only found out there are a bunch later. That technique will often work, either changing the current type if there are several or changing a dimension value so the geometry is altered. That said, I've also encountered families where it didn't work. The most certain way to force it is to completely remove and load again. This thread references 2013 but I can't be sure how old the family file is itself.
    It's a 2013 OOTB family (Exhaust Ventilator - Downblast) that we added an electrical connector to, then added our own parameters.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I'm having the same problem as the OP, with different families in different projects. Seems like there's always one mechanical equipment family that doesn't want to play nice with electrical connectors. Either the info in the connector won't report to the family or the info in the family (from the connector) won't report to the tag. The problem seems to be in the way Revit communicates the info from connector to the hard-coded Panel Name/Ckt # parameters in the family, and then from the family to the tag. Steve's solution of deleting the family and reloading it fixes the problem, but it's still frustrating.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I've had this happen to me before on my motor circuit schedule before using Mitsubishi fan coil units. I even tried the remove the families project and reload trick and it still didn't work. I asked this a while back but never got an answer for it so I suppose the contractors looked at my panel schedules and found them instead.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...ng-in-Schedule

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12