Thread: System Browser

Login to Give a bone

Default System Browser

Does anyone know if you can print or export (to excel) the system browser information? The reason I ask, is we are trying to create a "Master Balance Schedule" that relates the Air Devices to the VAVs and the VAVs to the Rooftops so we can check our math and make sure it all adds up.

I have tried to create schedules in Revit for this, but i can't figure that out (if it is even possible). If I could export the System browser to excel, i could just add a few columns and formulas and create the balance sheet.

Any ideas? Am I crazy for thinking Revit can do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Dustin

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: System Browser

Why not just create a schedule in Revit and add formulas there?

Matt

Login to Give a bone

I have tried but i can't get them to work. The only way to get the Air Devices, RTUs, and VAV boxes in the same schedule is to use a Multi-Category schedule. I cannot select system airflow in that schedule type. If you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Dustin

Login to Give a bone

I have got the same problem ...Dustin ...did you find a way to print or export the system browser information?

Please if you found the solution..it will be really a big help!

Regards,

TAREK

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

We're doing the very thing you're trying to accomplish I think. Here's how it works:

Basically I had to set up a coherent arrangement with shared parameters. A VAV box for example has an instance based air flow parameter reading the air flow being supplied to the air devices downstream. That value changes automatically as we edit the air terminals and the air flow propagates through the ductwork back to the VAV box. Then the airflow that is scheduled for the VAV box is a type parameter that appears in our schedule. This parameter also controls the air flow going to the VAV box. (In the VAV box these two connectors are not linked) Of course, that air flow propagates back to the air handling unit. The last part is just to make a Mechanical Equipment schedule that shows the actual air flow next to the scheduled air flow for each piece of equipment. I even created a calculated field in the schedule that reports the difference between the two numbers and fills the cell with red if the difference is anything except 0. It's a really good way to double check our work during design and it's helped catch a number of design mistakes.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

We did something similar to what neightyeight did. The shared parameters seem the way to go. I can't tell you how much time the parameterjerk tool has saved me in the last year!