Thread: Indestructible Objects - Error Message

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Question Indestructible Objects - Error Message

I was working on one of my projects and noticed that one item was out of place. When trying to delete it I got this message: "A serious error has occurred. It is strongly recommended that you use Save As to save your work in a new file before continuing." It then gives me the option to save a recovery or just continue without saving at all. The rest of the project seems to be running smoothly, I just can't delete that object or any other instance of that family in the entire project. This is normally where I would just scratch my head and reload a backup but unfortunately I didn't notice this was a problem until a few saves later so my backup even has this object in it. At the moment I am just hiding the object, but I would really like a solution on how to delete it. I have run an Audit as well but unfortunately that did not help.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Indestructible Objects - Error Message

What is the object? Where did you get the family? Have you tried just deleting the family from the project browser?

Login to Give a bone

The family is just a ceiling mounted dual-technology occupancy sensor I think I got for Autodesk Seek some time ago. I've been using it for almost every project for at least a year, so I forget its origins. I have never had it run into issues with it before. Unfortunately it has the same error appear while trying to remove it from the project browser.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Try recreating the model - open and audit a detached copy, then save it over the central file. I've never had this particular problem, but I've had similar stuff happen, and that's the only way I've ever found to fix it.