Thread: install both Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2013 & Architecture 2011

Login to Give a bone

Question install both Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2013 & Architecture 2011

Hi I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance/answers to this.

I am currently using Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2013. I have also been asked to support one of our other major projects who have very strict cad standards.

The requirement they have is that we useAutocad Architecture 2011. I can ( I think) download that from our central website. What I need to try & understand is what major headaches am I going to give myself if I have both sets of software loaded? I know I can only use one at any given time but am I going to get any problems you Guys know about if I open one & then the other etc.

Just wondering about both software & licence conflicts. We use a global licence so the software just grabs one if available.

Thanks for any advice help in adavance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: install both Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2013 & Architecture 2011

You should have no problems as long as you keep each dwg/project in its correct version. Side by side installs does work, when I was doing support with a VAR I had a number of different versions and apps installed. Just make sure you open the application then open the dwgs and don't use windows explorer to open the files.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: install both Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2013 & Architecture 2011

Thank you
    I thought I should be able to but wanted to be aware of any potential problems.
    I will have to remember what you said about opening the programme then the drawing though as it's so easy to open from explorer!

Many thanks again for your input

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lesleys View Post
    Thank you
    I thought I should be able to but wanted to be aware of any potential problems.
    I will have to remember what you said about opening the programme then the drawing though as it's so easy to open from explorer!

Many thanks again for your input
    Heh, I'm an explorer fan myself, too, I understand.

I've typically got three or four versions installed at once, I can't remember having a problem with it. Currently, it's AutoCAD MEP 2011-2013 here and 2011-2014 at home, and no issues (hmm, that tells me it's time to upgrade pc's in both places! lol).
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

If you (anyone) must use explorer to open files, remember that, when there is no acad-based application open, the LAST-CLOSED version will be the default.