Thread: Blending Revit Topography?

Login to Give a bone

Default Blending Revit Topography?

Hi, I've not got a huge amount of experience using topo surfaces in revit and I'm a little stuck with what I am trying to achieve.

Basically, I have my building model placed on my real world topo surface- but in certain locations around the building, the topo surface is burying my building. Now I realize I can cut the footprint of my building out with building pads or the subregion tool but the result I am after is slightly different.

What I want to do is change the elevation of the topo surface only on the external walls to where they meet the ground level of my building. I then want the surrounding topo surface to blend back into the appropriate elevation levels - is this possible?

Thanks.

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Blending Revit Topography?

Look into 'Graded Regions'and you should be able to accomplish what you're after.
    You will essentially edit the surface you have and change the elevations of the points that define the surface.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Or, Split surface > trace the building footprint (at the foundation) > delete the footprint toposurface

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the responses - I'll have a play around later on and see how I get on. Cheers.

Login to Give a bone

Ok, so I've been playing around with this for the past couple of hours now and I'm getting absolutely nowhere! As much as I love revit - editing topo surfaces seems massively limited/boarderline rubbish - does anyone know of any add ons that might make this job a little easier to achieve? Cheers.

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Post a screenshot of what you're trying to accomplish and where the frustration is occurring.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by xzibited377538 View Post
    Ok, so I've been playing around with this for the past couple of hours now and I'm getting absolutely nowhere! As much as I love revit - editing topo surfaces seems massively limited/boarderline rubbish - does anyone know of any add ons that might make this job a little easier to achieve? Cheers.

Now you know what the rest of us already know.

Interestingly, the Revit suite has one glaring omission - Civil. Maybe the long-term strategy of Autodesk is to keep the site tools in Revit brain dead while they get around to creating a civil module for Revit like they did with MEP and structure. In the meantime, everyone has to use Acad civil. No loss for AD.....

Login to Give a bone

can anyone help me here? I wanna know What exactly is a "Building Pad". I want to know what it is, in the terms of software and also in actual construction terms.i mean I know what building pad does and where to use it. but I'm confused whether to use it as a structural element or just to cut topo surface, and if it is structural element then Revit doesn't allow to overlap building pads so I can add a beam/wall in the overlapped area. AND when I tried to add "spot elevation" (annotation) in the basement plan(which is below ground level) of my building, it's showing the bottom elevation level of the building pad, but I want it to show the top level of the floor slab not building pad, and if I delete the building pad, it's showing the error symbol while inserting spot elevation(cannot insert symbol), whereas in the upper floors its showing properly (the upper surface level of the floor).