Thread: Cutting voids in Masses, Cutting windows and View Range

Login to Give a bone

Default Cutting voids in Masses, Cutting windows and View Range

Having some issues with masses. Working with content from Autodesk Tutorial by Autodesk student experts form Graz Austria 2011, the operation is performed on the tutorial with relative ease however when I try it I get an error as follows: "This Mass has no solid geometry for its Void Forms to cut. They must be deleted, or solid geometry added and cut." However the voids intersect a mass? Also having an issue with view range, cutting a window, window sill not displaying. Seeking some expert advice.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cutting voids in Masses, Cutting windows and View Range

Hi,

I don't have the tutorial so I'm not sure what you are trying to do with the mass.
    From the error you've listed, however I think you are just trying to create the void form as a separate object.
    Edit the mass you are trying to cut, and create a void form there.
    As for the window sills, windows in the model you've attached are going through multiple levels, so you need to adjust the bottom of the view range to show the lowest level.

Thanks,

Maciej

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I’m not sure what you’re trying to do with the mass either, I couldn’t find any in your project. What are you trying to cut? Some screen shots would be helpful.
    Your windows are spanning multiple levels. On the upper levels, the window sills are not visible because the bottom of the view range doesn’t extend all the way down to the sills on the level 3. Either adjust the view depth as per Maciek’s suggestion (it could change the appearance of the other objects though), or add the plan regions around the windows only, or add symbolic lines in the window family – see pic.

window.JPG

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I noticed a window is dropped too low when I view your building from the North Elevation. Thay may cause problems with a window not displaying properly in the Plan Views.

Quote Originally Posted by edaviesc380864 View Post
    Having some issues with masses. Working with content from Autodesk Tutorial by Autodesk student experts form Graz Austria 2011, the operation is performed on the tutorial with relative ease however when I try it I get an error as follows: "This Mass has no solid geometry for its Void Forms to cut. They must be deleted, or solid geometry added and cut." However the voids intersect a mass? Also having an issue with view range, cutting a window, window sill not displaying. Seeking some expert advice.