Thread: Revit MEP 2013 Disconnect Switch

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit MEP 2013 Disconnect Switch

Alright i have recently been implementing Revit MEP 2013 into my company and I have an existing conditions portion of a model that I have been working on. I have placed a bunch of panelboards and disconnect switches and want to be able to show the disconnect switches stacked how you would in cad with the symbol offset from the wall that it would be on.

I go into the Disconnect Switches family and notice that there is no annotation family loaded, so i check my other views and notice that the front view has and extrusion & some model lines that show the device at the lower two detail levels, and at the fine level of detail that shows the actual device. I wanted to apply a symbol offset parameter that will allow me to show the stacked devices how you would ACAD.

any suggestions.

Josh

I have attached two clips 1 of my current model & 1 of CAD.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit MEP 2013 Disconnect Switch

My suggestion would be to copy those model lines up, add parameter to origional called "standard" and add to the coppied "offset", make them instance parameters so that you can show the offse when you need to and the standard when you need to. Now when you place the upper disconnect place it correctly in elevation, turn off the standard and show the offset symbol. It will take some tweeking back and fourth to get the distance of the offsed symbol but once you have it done you always have it. I have had to implamewnt this with receptacles and other families. Hope this helps

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit MEP 2013 Disconnect Switch

Josh,

I have attached a disconnect family from Siemens that I have modified to have annotation. If you look at the .jpg you will see the annotation to the left of the actual disconnect. The red line on the .jpg points to the grips that will move the annotation off the disconnect to the left or right. Note that 10'-0" is the actual dimension to place the annotation where the disconnect actually is. I have also added a parameter to offset the annotation from the wall. 1/4" is about right to be able to stack 2 disconnects and move the annotation off the wall for the other. If you open the family then open the annotation you will see the parameter for offset from wall. The offset along the wall parameter is in the family. Note that in the annotation the slash has a visibility parameter for fused or non fused, then the line work is grouped, aligned to a reference line and locked to the reference line. Provide a dimension line from the reference plane to the reference line and assign the parameter "offset from wall". This is what bumps the annotation off the wall. Load anno into family and tie "offset from wall" parameters together. Pay attention to upper/lower case in parameters, it really matters. BTW, visibility is set to only show the actual disconnect in "fine". Medium and Course only shows the annotation.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files