Thread: Storefront Mullion - Is this possible?

Login to Give a bone

Default Storefront Mullion - Is this possible?

I have a project that will be using Tubelite storefront, and Tubelite actually has a Revit model of the two different systems I'll be using, so I downloaded them into my project. They work well with one exception, for some reason the horizontal, intermediate mullion is a wider size than what their details on the website show - I believe they built it with an alternate size instead of the standard. All that said...what I want to do is take the existing mullion from their model and copy it, alter it then save it back into the project. The reason I want to copy their model is because it has all the intricate details that show up in my numerous wall sections and details.

I've tried to open their storefront model and save it to a folder, but I can't seem to find the mullion profile by itself to open just that piece, so therefore I can't copy/alter it. I know how to create a new profile from scratch and I've looked in several places for the existing mullion profile, but can't find the file.

This may be more of a question for Tubelite, but if anyone's been able to achieve this, or know if I can, I'd appreciate the advice. It seems like I should be able to alter this existing profile and save it under a new name, then reimport into my model, I just feel like I'm missing a step.

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Storefront Mullion - Is this possible?

Find the particular mullion and look at the properties....it will show you what profile was used...such as a 180HORZ8. If you edit that profile there will be a nested detail component.. Edit the detail component to what you want it to be, save as a different name and load it back into the profile and adjust the profile lines, save that as a different name and load into project. You will then need to create a new mullion type using that profile.

See image
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

Thanks - but I'm afraid I'm still a little bit lost. I'm sure that there are some very easy steps to get this done, but I seem to be missing them. Can you walk me through it a little more detailed? Here's where I'm at...
    I have the profiles listed in my project browser just as you are showing in your image above. I need to alter the 180HORZ5, which you also just happen to show in your list.
    I understand the profile is loaded into the mullion, which is I believe, what you mean by the nested element.

What I can't seem to do is actually open the profile itself to copy/edit it. Even though I saved that Tubelite storefront family, it saves it as one component in my windows folder, not as the individual pieces (profiles/mullions etc). Basically, I feel like I know what to do, and can see it, but I just can't actually get to the darn profile itself. Maybe it's a simple matter of where the profiles are hiding on my computer?

Thank you!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Make sure that you are trying to open the family and not the type of that family. This is no different then editing other component families.

Cheers,
    Jeff S.