Thread: Automatic pipe reductions?

Login to Give a bone

Question Automatic pipe reductions?

So, at the office we use some PVC fittings for domestic water. The catalog show reducing tees up until 1" x 3/4". Bigger than that, you use transitions. Now, we created the fittings on Revit 2012, and with the tee, if we connected pipes with different diameters that had no reducing tee between them, the program would still create a (fake) reducing tee. This was easily manageable for us, since all you had to do was to select the offending tee, change it's diameter to the bigger of the two pipes, and done: the program would create a non reducing tee, with the proper transitions attached.

Now, on revit 2014, when we select the tee and try the same trick, the tee's branch doesn't change - it keeps the smaller pipe's size, and thus never attaches the needed transition.

How can I fix this? is there a way for the program or the fitting to retung to it's old behavior? and if not, is there a way to limit or force my fitting to become non-reducing once the branch's nominal diameter becomes bigger than 1".

Any help is truly appreciated.

Cheers.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Automatic pipe reductions?

Even more fun: If you attach the transition to the tee (e.g: attach a 2" x 1" transition to a 2" tee) and either drag the pipe connector to the transition or draw pipe from the transition's connector, the f"·$%&/! transition is erased, and the normal tee becomes a reducing tee. The only way for the reduction to stay is if I use the pipe tool directly; and it doesn't help much, since any time I connect the pipe to anything, the program changes the tee again.

Am I missing something?
    Is it my workflow what's broken, and not the program?

Help