Thread: Tagging homerun for multiple pole circuit......

Login to Give a bone

Default Tagging homerun for multiple pole circuit......

How do I get the homerun to read LA-1/3/5 for the circuit instead of LA-1,3,5? I've figured out how to get the 3 spaces to group together in the panel schedule properly but it still doesn't call it out correctly on the homerun. Any help would be appreciated. I'm just starting to use Revit MEP and "simple" things like this are making me scratch my head.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Tagging homerun for multiple pole circuit......

We don't typically show homeruns on our drawings, but try editing the tag and adding a new label and a new type. Create parameters controlling the visibility of the labels according to type and edit the prefix/suffix of each field. Not sure if the homerun tags behave the same as the ones we use, but that's where I'd start.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the advice but I don't think it's a problem with the tag. I think it's a problem with how Revit lists multiple circuits. It's occurring elsewhere in the model. I just added some transformers and circuited low voltage panels through the transformers to the high voltage panels and it's listing (in the System Browser) the circuit that one of the transformers is on as HB-1,3,5. In our office we would write that as HB-1/3/5 to signify that it is a 3-pole circuit (not HB-1,3,5 which would be 3 separate circuits). I think it's just how Revit does it and I can't find anywhere to change it. I've looked in the project units, the electrical settings, the project parameters. It's just not an option (or I'm missing it). Any ideas?

Login to Give a bone

just curious, what was your solution to showing the 3-pole breakers in the panel schedules? can you post a screen shot of how it looks?
    mike

Login to Give a bone

Under the Manage Tab go to the Electrical Settings and under Panel Schedules check the box that reads "Merge multi-poled circuit into a single circuit". Ends up looking like this:
    PanelSchedule.jpg

Login to Give a bone

oh, i thought you had figured out how to show (3) 1-pole breakers with individual names as a 3-pole breaker, for a shared neutral homerun. that's still one of my biggest problems with revit electrical

Login to Give a bone

Are you guys checking out the wishlist and voting for wishes? I recently submitted one to improve 3-phase electrical systems. Check it out and vote please. We all need to start hounding Autodesk to get their ***** together. When was the last time you saw substantial development for Electrical content in Revit?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sbrennan View Post
    Are you guys checking out the wishlist and voting for wishes? I recently submitted one to improve 3-phase electrical systems. Check it out and vote please. We all need to start hounding Autodesk to get their ***** together. When was the last time you saw substantial development for Electrical content in Revit?
    To answer your question: Never.