I've run into a bit of a pickle, and I'm curious if anyone knows of a way to get this to work.

I am working on a campus plan with several buildings, each building is broken out into a seperate project, however the deliverables will combine all of the buildings into one set of documents, so wall types and other common elements need to be scheduled into one file. What I've done is created one "master project" file which has all of the buildings linked into it for the purposes of scheduling these items, and maintaining master copies of all wall, window and door types that are shared amongst the buildings. I've also created a series of text parameters for things the client requires to be scheduled; for instance maximum stud spacing and maximum wall height.

The issue I'm having is that while I can transfer the text parameters from the master project file into the individual projects, if I make a change to the master file and attempt to overwrite the (for example) wall family in the individual projects, the text information is not updating. Is there a way to get this to work? or am I going to be stuck managing these text parameters individually?

I have tried them as both Project Type Parameters, and shared type parameters with the same result.

Thanks