Thread: Canon vs HP Plotter

Login to Give a bone

Default Canon vs HP Plotter

We are looking to replace our old HP1050C color plotter - probably with one of the following models:
    - Canon ImagePROGRAF iPF8400
    - Canon ImagePROGRAF iPF8300S
    - HP Designjet Z5200
    - HP Designjet Z6200

We will primarily utilize the plotter for color plotting (presentation plans, renderings, presentation board, trade show displays). We have an Oce Plotwave for daily production word.

Does anyone have any thoughts / experience with any of these? Also, what has been your experience with color accuracy? Have you been able to incorporate color profiles, etc. through AutoCAD?

Thanks for any thoughts you might provide.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Canon vs HP Plotter

Quote Originally Posted by aburgner393709 View Post
    We are looking to replace our old HP1050C color plotter - probably with one of the following models:
    - Canon ImagePROGRAF iPF8400
    - Canon ImagePROGRAF iPF8300S
    - HP Designjet Z5200
    - HP Designjet Z6200

We will primarily utilize the plotter for color plotting (presentation plans, renderings, presentation board, trade show displays). We have an Oce Plotwave for daily production word.

Does anyone have any thoughts / experience with any of these? Also, what has been your experience with color accuracy? Have you been able to incorporate color profiles, etc. through AutoCAD?

Thanks for any thoughts you might provide.
    I replaced my HP650 with a Canon (that was a budget call, not because there was anything wrong with the four HP's I've had over the years). No complaints about that, so I've just swapped out my 750 for an iPF755.

I still use our HP800ps (part of an 820mfp).

The HPs were very low-maintenance. I've had to have only a couple of repairs done over the years, and they're very easy to work on. When I gave away the 3 older ones, they were still in fairly good working order.
    I haven't had the newest canon running for long, but, the other one is maybe 3 years old and we've had no problems with it.

I think they print a bit faster than the HP, but, I can see no appreciable quality difference between their output (I do have poor eyesight though ).
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost