Hi everybody,

I would like to assign a shared parameter to a specific family type from within a system family category.

Let's say that I have the system family category "Walls", then the subcategory "Basic Wall" and under "Basic Wall", I have 6 wall types:

Walls
|
+---- Basic Wall
|
|- CW 102-50-100p
|- CW 102-50-140p
|- CW 102-50-215p
|- CW 102-85-100p
|- CW 102-85-140p
|- CW 102-85-215p

And let's say that I have a shared parameter called "Dummy" which I want to assign to a single type only from the six shown above.

The UI (manual) procedure is to load the shared parameter into the project through the Parameter Properties dialog.

But by doing this, the parameter is assigned to all six "Basic Wall" family types enumerated above.

My problem is that I need to assign that shared parameter to a single family type only, from the six above!

And now the question:

I know that the general rule is that if something is doable through the UI, then it could be possible to be done through the API (if implemented).

But I'm still wondering if there are exceptions to the rule, so in this case, is it possible to assign the "Dummy" shared parameter only to one of the six types exemplified above?

TIA

Buddy