Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linetypes now have bad definitions

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Linetypes now have bad definitions

Had the same problem in 2013. I copied the LTYPESHP.SHX file from 2012 and replaced the 2013 file. These linetypes load fine now.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I know this is old, and I apologize from bringing it back from the dead, but I've been having the same problem. I think I know why, but not exactly sure of the cause or an easy fix to apply to all my affected projects.

What seems to be happening is that files are having a TEXTstyle with the ltypeshp.shx file assigned as it's font. When I load one of these files, AutoCAD records in the command line that it is replacing simplex.shx for ltypeshp.shx (usually multiple times).

Usually a purge of TextStyles will take care of things, as there is usually no text in the file using the TextStyle. If the purge will not remove the text style, I would just change the font of the style to any other font. This could be affected in XREFs too, so I'd dig through manually into all the XREFs and get rid of any text style definition with the ltypeshp.shx "font".

Once the ltypeshp.shx is no longer defined as a FONT, you can reopen the files and the linetypes work just fine.

Again, I am not sure how these Text styles are being added to our files, we have been dealing with the ACAD.lsp virus, so I would assume that would be the culprit, but not sure. As for resolving this, I have been manually eliminating the definitions as they are reported, I'd love something automatic that can be added to my acaddoc.lsp or something.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by zride91 View Post
    What seems to be happening is that files are having a TEXTstyle with the ltypeshp.shx file assigned as it's font. When I load one of these files, AutoCAD records in the command line that it is replacing simplex.shx for ltypeshp.shx (usually multiple times).
    Linetypes with text reference TextStyles while Linetypes with shapes reference shape files like ltypeshp.shx. While simplex.shx & ltypeshp.shx fonts have the extension AutoCAD recognizes the difference and would not replace one for the other. Your ltypeshp.shx is probably corrupt and should be replaced by one from a clean PC. That ACAD.lsp virus you mentioned would have to be the culprit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12