Thread: Electrical Circuiting - 3 Phase - Output to Panel Schedule

Login to Give a bone

Angry Electrical Circuiting - 3 Phase - Output to Panel Schedule

Hi All

I have posted this question before, but I am still pulling my hair out to find an answer, I have hust bought the new MEP 2014 book, but as usual, if it is not Mechanical, forget it!

I have been trying to do some Panel Schedules and three phase circuits in revit

On this job I need to tag the circuits a bit differently, ie show them in the three phase 1L2, 2L2….etc for lighting as these go on a dedicated lighting board and 1P1, 2P2….etc for power as these go on a dedicated power board.

Circuiting them is not a problem as I can create a Circuit Number Parameter and assign a value to it, but my problem is then when we push this information over to the Panel schedules, it will only show the Circuits as 1,2 and 3 etc...(the column down the left most side under CKT)

I have tried to manipulate this, but even though I feel like I am close, I am still not getting it!!

Has anyone done this before, if so, any tips tricks??

It obviously is controlled by the DB settings and the panel schedule template, but any starters??

Thanks

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Electrical Circuiting - 3 Phase - Output to Panel Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by gra77 View Post
    Hi All

I have posted this question before, but I am still pulling my hair out to find an answer, I have hust bought the new MEP 2014 book, but as usual, if it is not Mechanical, forget it!

I have been trying to do some Panel Schedules and three phase circuits in revit

On this job I need to tag the circuits a bit differently, ie show them in the three phase 1L2, 2L2….etc for lighting as these go on a dedicated lighting board and 1P1, 2P2….etc for power as these go on a dedicated power board.

Circuiting them is not a problem as I can create a Circuit Number Parameter and assign a value to it, but my problem is then when we push this information over to the Panel schedules, it will only show the Circuits as 1,2 and 3 etc...(the column down the left most side under CKT)

I have tried to manipulate this, but even though I feel like I am close, I am still not getting it!!

Has anyone done this before, if so, any tips tricks??

It obviously is controlled by the DB settings and the panel schedule template, but any starters??

Thanks
    I have a partial answer - if you look at the properties of the panel itself, there's a pulldown for Circuit Naming. Unfortunately, when you select Panel Name, it prefixes the name of the circuit rather than suffixes. So you can get your circuits to be named L21, L22, which is probably less than ideal. If you fill in the Circuit Prefix Separator with a - or a /, you could at least get the circuit to read L2-1 or something.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Electrical Circuiting - 3 Phase - Output to Panel Schedule

Hi there,

Brand new to the forum and Revit so i can open by saying i have no solution, however I would like to also know if there is a work around or fix for this as it is standard practice (at least in the uk) to show circuit charts as 1L1, 1L2 , 1L3 ect and not 1,2,3,...